Location: Holborn, Central London (remote working during COVID- 19 lockdown)
Salary: £45k – £50k per annum (depending on experience) plus benefits
Type of contract: Permanent
Hours: Full- time (37.5 hours per week)
Contract start: ASAP
Closing date: 7 July 2020 at noon
The Intensive Care National Audit & Research Centre (ICNARC) is a small, independent, nationally and internationally respected, scientific, not-for-profit organisation (c40 staff in total), using accurate data to help improve the quality of critical care through audit, research and education, conducted with, and in the interests of, patients and those who care for them. Most recently, ICNARC has been centrally involved in the response to COVID-19 through weekly reporting on admissions to, and outcomes from, intensive care and as the UK methods centre for the CMO endorsed REMAP-CAP trial which is currently recruiting in 120 centres in the UK.
About the role
This is an ideal role for someone who enjoys utilising their experience, knowledge and skills to make a significant impact across our IT solutions. The successful candidate will be a proactive individual who has experience working in an agile devOps team, participating in agile ceremonies and releasing functional code routinely to production systems.
What you’ll be doing
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer to join our small Development team. You will be responsible for specifying and developing high quality IT solutions for internal and external use and provision of input into future strategic direction.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of:
- Advising on the specification of high-quality software for internal and external use.
- Developing of the software to a very high standard using the latest technologies as member of an agile DevOps team, including adherence to high quality coding standards; and ensuring that the software is robust and flexible enough to cope with changing needs.
- Providing ongoing support and enhancements for the software.
- Project management duties, including: the application of project management principles to ensure that tasks are accomplished, and deadlines are met; liaising with the appropriate stakeholders (‘clients’); flagging up problems or issues with the client; providing time estimates; managing clients’ expectations; and managing the testing process with designated testers.
- Producing high-quality software-related documents, including: user requirements analysis; functional specifications; technical documentation and supporting/advising the writing of user manuals by “super-users”.
- Providing technical advice/consultancy/training for staff.
- Providing guidance on IT infrastructural changes.
What you’ll need to succeed
What you’ll get in return
In return you will receive an annual salary of £45k – £50k per annum working for a well-established, scientific organisation in the centre of London. You will also receive a generous benefits package including:
- 25 days holiday per year and the opportunity to buy and sell annual leave;
- flexible working which is fully embedded in our culture;
- interest-free season ticket loans;
- support with further academic/professional development; and
- an enhanced pension contribution after your first year of employment.
Download Job description and Person Specification here – Full Stack Developer (PDF)
How to apply
Please read the job description for the role. The person specification sets out the skills and experience we are looking for.
Closing date: 7 July 2020 at noon
“We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.”