Location: Holborn, Central London (remote working during COVID- 19 lockdown)
Salary: £60k- £67k per annum (depending on experience) plus benefits
Hours: Full- time (37.5 hours per week)
Start date: As soon as possible
The Intensive Care National Audit & Research Centre (ICNARC) is a small, independent, nationally and internationally respected, scientific, not-for-profit organisation (c40 staff in total), using accurate data to help improve the quality of critical care through audit, research and education, conducted with, and in the interests of, patients and those who care for them. Most recently, ICNARC has been centrally involved in the response to COVID-19 through weekly reporting on admissions to, and outcomes from, intensive care and as the UK methods centre for the Chief Medical Officer endorsed REMAP-CAP trial which is currently recruiting in 120 centres in the UK.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head of Operations to join our Senior Management Team (SMT), to provide direct leadership to our operations team and to manage them to deliver a roadmap to better support ICNARC’s Audit, Research and Statistical activities.
The successful candidate will be a confident and resilient senior manager who possesses strong people management skills and an ability to coach, manage and develop high performing teams.
What you’ll be doing
As Head of Operations you will lead on all aspects of operations management in support of ICNARC’s Business Plan objectives.
Our ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of the following:
- Working effectively and openly with the Board of Trustees, leadership team, staff and other stakeholders to promote an inclusive, vibrant, high performing organisation.
- Working with Senior Managers to prepare and manage the annual budget and to provide reforecasting updates on the organisation’s finances.
- Developing and providing Management Information that communicates progress against strategic and financial plans, including regular reporting to the SMT and to the Board of Management.
- Maintaining on a continuous basis, a safe working environment and ensuring safe working practices for all staff.
- Continuously improving operations management within the defined budget, whilst ensuring alignment to organisational strategy.
- Ensuring that organisation is compliant with all legal, regulatory and governance requirements. This includes working with the Senior Information Risk Owner and the Data Protection Officer, to set policies and procedures and to undertaking monitoring of performance against these.
- Managing finances with integrity and ensuring that Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP), as relevant, is followed and that all HMRC requirements are met.
- Developing and delivering a Finance Strategy which enables the Organisation to operate successfully and continue to grow and prosper.
- Ensuring that organisation operates in accordance with all policies and procedures which align to employment law, and that all HR/personnel records and employment contracts are kept up to date, that payroll and pension activities are performed accurately and on time, and, as appropriate, to maintain regular interaction with internal HR and outsourced service providers.
- Promoting practices and behaviours to accelerate and embed learning within the organisation culture.
- Delivering an IT strategy that enhances data security and remote working/access and embeds continuous improvement into future plans.
What you’ll need to succeed
In order to succeed, it is essential that you have proven leadership experience of working in an organisation that has been through significant change and that you were part of the team that led that change. You will also have experience of corporate operations leadership of a Small to Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) with complex revenue recognition and varying income streams, and of leading a finance team and working within a not-for-profit organisation.
What you’ll get in return
In return you will receive an annual salary of £60k – £67k per annum working for a well-established, scientific organisation in the centre of London. You will also receive a generous benefits package including:
- 25 days holiday per year and the opportunity to buy and sell annual leave;
- flexible working which is fully embedded in our culture;
- interest-free season ticket loans;
- support with further academic/professional development; and
- an enhanced pension contribution after your first year of employment.
How to apply
Please read the job description for the role. The person specification sets out the skills and experience we are looking for.
Head of Operations Job Description PDF
Please submit a cover letter setting out your suitability for the role and a current CV. Each document should be no longer than 2 sides of A4.
For further information and to apply, please visit our careers site https://icnarc.livevacancies.co.uk/#/ .
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis (remotely via videoconferencing) with the advert closed when an appointment is made so we advise interested applicants to apply sooner rather than later.
“We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships
No agencies please.