Location: Hybrid – ICNARC offices and home
Salary: £25-30k per annum (depending on experience)
Contract: 12 months with scope to become permanent
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Start: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 27 February 2023
At Intensive Care National Audit & Research Centre (ICNARC), our focus is on improving the quality of critical care through audit, research and education conducted with, and in the interests of patients and those who care for them. To facilitate this, we have developed applications which collect, analyse and report on critical-care data. In this role you will be an integral part of a team of developers who are trying to re-develop our data platform to take it to the next level by improving its performance, flexibility, and functionality and maintain our existing data systems.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Intern Developer, to work in an Agile environment, get involved in the design, development, and maintenance of data applications supporting deliveries across a wide range of activities at ICNARC.
Primarily working on migrating the key data management application, PlatformX’s front-end to REACT, writing API’s that can talk to the Pentaho based backend. In addition, the developer will also be part of supporting existing applications, providing for stable, reliable, and faster data platforms.
A great opportunity to be trained in various technologies that could equip the candidate with full-stack experience under their sleeve, with on-the job training on React, Pentaho, .NET, SQL, Agile practices, Continuous Integration and Deployment processes etc
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for an individual having:
- A minimum bachelor’s degree (2.1 or higher) in IT or Computer Science
- Advanced knowledge or experience in using Relational Databases and SQL
- Familiarity working with REST APIs (ASP.NET Core MVC Web API)
- Familiarity with implementing Unit testing / Integration Testing
- Familiarity with DevOps processes- CI/CD/CR Continuous integration, Continuous delivery, and Continuous release
- Familiarity using Atlassian products (JIRA/ Confluence/ Bamboo/Bitbucket)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of attention to detail in all aspects of your work
- Quick learner, and eagerness to do so
What you will get in return
- In return, you will receive compensation of between £25k and £30k working for a well-established scientific organisation in the centre of London.
- Extensive on-the-job training & learning opportunities.
- An opportunity to become permanent based on performance
- Structured career progression
- Diverse and vibrant work environment
How to apply
Please read the job description for the role. The person specification sets out the skills and experience we are looking for. Please submit a cover letter setting out your suitability for the role and a current CV to email@example.com. Each document should be no longer than 2 sides of A4.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, and the advert will be closed early if an appointment is made prior to the closing date so please do not delay in applying.
“We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.”